Monday, June 18, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Creamy Chicken Recipe

I'm a huge pasta lover. I could eat it for every meal of every day. But all I typically do is throw on some store bought sauce and enjoy a mediocre meal. I have thrown together some sauces before but have officially set out to find a homemade sauce recipe that I truly enjoy. I originally found this recipe here. It is absolutely delicious!

Here is the recipe. (Just copied from the site where I found it)  

  1 lb. bowtie pasta (or any kind of pasta would work!)
  1-1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, sliced or cubed
  1 onion, diced
  3 cloves garlic, pressed or crushed
  4 Tbs. butter
  1 cup half and half, room temperature
  1 cup chicken broth
  1 tsp. seasoned salt
  12 oz jar roasted red peppers, sliced
  1 cup mozzarella, shredded
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  While it cooks, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic till soft.  Whisk in half and half and chicken broth.  Stir in seasoned salt and mozzarella.  Lower the heat to keep the sauce from boiling.

Add the chicken and red pepper slices to the sauce.  Stir frequently and keep and eye on the heat so it doesn’t boil.  Drain the cooked pasta and stir it together with the sauce.  Add chopped parsley or basil when serving.

It was delicious and easy! I decided to use about half the onion simply because onions are not my favorite… if this is true for you as well let me reassure you that it was not overwhelming – the onion taste was barely noticeable at all. I’m going to add more onions and attempt to make my own roasted red peppers next time. I also made some homemade garlic bread with the leftover garlic. 


While slicing my roasted red peppers I decided this one looked like a seahorse. Maybe the heat of the kitchen was getting to me but of course I feel like it's necessary to share this picture!


I also tried the Skinny Girl Rose for the first time this weekend. I'm starting to really love their beverages. (I obviously had to pour a glass immediately, before I could even take a picture!)


No comments:

Post a Comment